Monday, December 1, 2014

Unanswered Prayers

I'm a big country music fan. I grew up on a ranch with George Strait as the soundtrack. If you are ever in the car with me, there's a pretty good chance we will be listening to country radio. If there's a country concert in town, it's a safe bet I'll be there. One of my all time favorite artists is Garth Brooks. I've been singing (and occasionally mishearing lyrics to) his music for as long as I can remember. One of his songs is "Unanswered Prayers". Garth, I love the sentiment of the song, but you are way off.

There's NO SUCH THING as unanswered prayers. That would imply that A) God doesn't hear our prayers, B) He ignores our prayers, or C) He simply doesn't care.

Let me assure you, God hears EVERY SINGLE prayer you've ever prayed, He NEVER ignores you, and He DEFINITELY cares.

So often if God doesn't give us the answer we want, we just say the prayer went unanswered. Guys, God isn't your genie. He isn't a wish-granter, or a Magic 8 Ball, or anything of the sort. He is the sovereign Lord of the Universe who has a plan or a calling on your life. He intimately knows your heart, your needs, your wants, and your deepest desires. He loves you way too much to give you something that isn't right for you, or isn't what you need.

When He answers our prayers, sometimes the answer is "Yes". Sometimes it's "No". Sometimes it's "Wait a little longer". Sometimes it's "I've got something even better for you". But He is ALWAYS making it all work together for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment