Saturday, November 1, 2014

Grace Amazing


"You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same. You are amazing, God!"- Indescribable, Chris Tomlin


I've heard things like "grace is overrated". I beg to differ. We shouldn't stake our faith on grace, of course. Our faith is rooted in Christ Jesus, who made it possible. But grace is powered by His unending and abundant love.

Just think about it. Everything you've ever done, everything you've wanted to do, every thought you've ever had, everything you've ever said. EVERYTHING. All of you. Even the darkest parts. The things that haunt you. The things you are ashamed of. Your entire past. All of it. Everything. Every single thing. (I don't know about you, but those aren't things I'd like to relive or see again). God knows all of it. He's seen all of it. I'm sure I've broken His heart too many times to count. If we are being completely honest, I'm guessing you have too.

If you're like me, you probably deserve a lot of punishment and negative consequences for things you've done. But Christ took those for me. His love and grace and mercy took on all of me and my flaws and inadequacies.

God STILL loves us so incredibly much! Imagine the deepest love you can fathom. Now multiply it by a billion. That barely scratches the surface of God's love.

There is absolutely NOTHING we could do that would make His love disappear. Nothing that could outdo His grace. He sees it all. He knows it all. And it doesn't faze Him at all.

I can't even put into words how crazy that is to me. After everything, even the things I have a hard time forgiving myself for, He hasn't left me or given up on me. He sees the good, the bad, and the ugly of me, and embraces all of it with open arms. His grace covers me and nothing could ever change that.

And that, my friends, is what makes grace so utterly amazing.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment